When you decide to build your own business, you have to spend some time in design mode. But you’re not just designing the business of your dreams, you’re designing the life of your dreams as well. Today’s topic is Life Design for Entrepreneurs and my guest is Ayse Birsel. If you’re passionate about a life/blog with meaning, listen in as I talk to Ali Ebright on Avoiding the Dangers of Comparison, and Traci York on Creating Work/Life Balance.
Today I’m talking about Life Design for Entrepreneurs with Ayse Birsel (see link below). Ayse is author of the book, Design the Life You Love.
If you’ve ever been a part of a toxic work environment or if you’ve ever demonstrated some unhealthy work patterns in your life, today is for you.
Because, look, here’s the deal. You have this opportunity before you. Maybe you’re aspiring to leave your current job, or maybe you’ve already left it. Wherever you fall on the spectrum of turning your blog into a professional career, then you need to realize that working for yourself if both a blessing and a curse. Those are Ayse’s words and they’re powerfully true.Working for yourself is both a blessing and a curse. #choppedcon Click To Tweet
Working for others has it’s challenges too, but there’s something validating about someone else’s “To Do” list. When you’re the one creating that list for yourself, it can be intimidating.
Sort of like looking at a blank screen when you’re trying to write a novel. There’s so many directions you could go. Where do you start!
Exactly. And the message Ayse Birsel has for you is this: take some time to design the life you love. Because if we’re going to do this whole entrepreneurial thing, don’t you want to do it from a place of passion and love? Don’t you want it to be a part of a life that you love?
That’s what Ayse and I are talking about today.
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on Life Design for Entrepreneurs is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – Life Design for Entrepreneurs
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Ayse, where we discuss:
- How Ayse began her career in product design
- Ayse talks about how her career in design led her to the ultimate design project, life
- We discuss Ayse’s metaphor for design, soup
- We go into the four categories that Ayse recommends you define for yourself and your life
- Ayse shares about the benefits of simplicity
- We talk about the value of imitation in creating the life you love
This episode on Life Design for Entrepreneurs includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Ayse Birsel and check out her book Design the Life You Love
- Give Ayse a shout-out on Twitter and Instagram to say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Related Episode: Listen in to the ChoppedCon FriChats episode discussing What is Success
- Connect with ChoppedCon Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!