We are all interested in growing engagement on our blog – finding ways to better connect with our audience. That’s why I’m talking with Rachel Matthews on how to drive engagement through storytelling. Curious about other ways to take your food blog to the next level? Listen to Food Blog Business Strategies with Casey Benedict or Creative Business Strategies with Ali Mafucci.
Today’s guest is Rachel Matthews (see link below), and we’re talking about drive engagement through storytelling. All I can say is…prepare to get inspired!
Rachel talks a mile a minute and it’s ear-to-ear inspiration so get ready. We talk about how she started her blog and her inspiration for teaching, but also we chat about the creative spark that keeps bloggers going!
I wonder if those of who are wanderers, maybe it’s just that we are constantly sparking new areas of our brain to life and it’s driving us here and here and here and here. — Rachel Matthews
Rachel has a passion for storytelling that comes through every fiber of her being. You will listen to her and you will hear it. If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about how you can tell more stories through your blog, Rachel talks about how she does that. She describes the stories you tell as a distinguishing factor.
In a sea of chocolate chip cookie recipes, the one with a good story to go along with it, will be the one that stands out.
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on how to drive engagement through storytelling is a resource for your work as a food blogger.
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – Drive Engagement Through Storytelling
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Rachel, where we talk about:
- Why Rachel started her blog
- Her passion for cooking
- What Rachel will not talk about on her blog
- How food blogging was Rachel’s way of sharing her love of food with her audience
- Rachel talks about the first time when she realized food blogging could be a career
- We talk about food photography and how that turned into a passion for her
- How to survive a creative funk!
This episode on how to Drive Engagement Through Storytelling includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest at A Southern Fairytale.
- Give a shout-out on Twitter and Instagram to say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Rachel talks about her favorite Pandora Station: The Wailing Jennys
- Related Episode: How to Grow Your Facebook Page with Erin Sellin
- Connect with ChoppedCon Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!