Every Friday Cara and Marly get together and share with you their “behind-the-scenes” chatter about food blogging, otherwise known as FriChats. Today’s Topic: Courageous Creativity. Because being a blogger is hard work, it takes some (or a lot of) courage. Why not join our FriChats discussion on Stop Worrying about the HOW of Blogging or Intuition Vs. Planning.
OK, it’s Friday so that means Cara and Marly are back for another episode of FriChats. Today they’re talking about courageous creativity. Because let’s be honest, being a creative entrepreneur takes a lot of courage.
You may look around you and think the field of food blogging is so competitive; that there are so many food bloggers out there. But think about this — how many people have only dreamed of starting a food blog and have never done it! You, my friend, are one of the courageous ones who are out there doing it.
Congratulations. Now, don’t stop to celebrate too long because there’s a lot of work to do be done. Every. Single. Day.
Food blogging is hard work. It’s some of the hardest work you’ll ever do. So why do we do it!!?
Sometimes we ask ourselves that question every day.
There is value in appreciating yourself and honoring your creativity. But it definitely takes courage. That’s why Cara and Marly are talking about the necessity of being courageous. Being creative is not easy. Putting yourself out there day after day? That’s not easy either. There are days when you’ll want to quit. There’ll be other days when you’re absolutely head-over-heals in LOVE with what you’re doing.
The trick is finding the balance in it all and the courage to keep at it every day.
Be sure to check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
Here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s Courageous Creativity episode!Creativity is a process that leads to authenticity. #frichats Click To Tweet Usually the person who comes to something 'naturally' has been working on it a lot and you just… Click To Tweet Oftentimes we look at creativity as an art, but if we think of it as a skill, it's something we… Click To Tweet Don't just do what everyone tells you're supposed to do. Find new ways to go about it. #frichats Click To Tweet It's so important that you work on the stuff that you love. #frichats Click To Tweet You can't help but be changed the more you pursue what you love doing. #frichats Click To Tweet
You know, our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. Therefore, we hope this discussion on Courageous Creativity is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Courageous Creativity
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post on Courageous Creativity:
- We introduce today’s topic about courageous creativity, what it is and why we need it
- Marly talks about creativity as a process toward authenticity
- Cara describes the courage required to put ourselves out there week after week
- Everything we do requires courage, from blog posts to photography to social media posts
- Marly shares the story of Katy Perry and how she worked hard to get her big breaks
- We discuss the topic of creative jealousy
- If we think others have it easier than we do
- We talk about the concept from Elizabeth Gilbert’s book, loving your sh#% sandwich
- There is courage in saying I need help and we discuss this as well
- It’s courageous to state your goals and to go for them every day
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with ChoppedCon Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: How to Grow Your Life By Design with Ayse Birsel
- We discuss the book Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
More from Cara
Want to suggest a topic for our next episode? Send an email to: email@example.com
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Finally, thanks so much for listening to today’s show. You know, we hope you find every episode informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. And here, while you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!