The third annual Chopped Conference will take place in Kansas City, Missouri. Our plan? To gather together a group of bloggers who love food, to have fun, meet new friends, grow our businesses, and create a meaningful, memorable experience!
The theme for the 2016 event? BE YOUR BEST YOU!
2016 Chopped Conference Agenda
Location: River Market Event Place at 140 Walnut Street, Kansas City, MO 64106
Thursday, September 22:
3:00 – 5:30 pm: Pre-event Workshop: Making Compelling Food Videos
6:00 – 8:00 pm: Come for our Chopped Conference Welcome Party and meet the other fabulous conference participants.
Friday, September 23:
9:00 – 9:30 am: Registration. Coffee, Tea and morning food.
9:30 – 11:45 am Morning Session
- Putting Yourself Out There: Beyond the editorial calendar and photos of food, to finding ways of being yourself and putting yourself out there on your blog and
social media: Jessica Merchant of How Sweet Eats
- Morning Panel: Social Media Live – get on the Instagram Stories, SnapChat, and FaceBook Live band wagon! Panel members include: Bev Weidner of Bev Cooks, Kristen Doyle of Dine and Dish, Monique Volz of Ambitious Kitchen, and Phi Kelnhofer of Sweet Phi. The panel will be moderated by Lynn Lovejoy of Order in the Kitchen.
- SEO, Site Speed, and Making it All Work For Your site to Optimize Ads: Amber Bracegirdle
12 noon: Lunch provided by:
1:00 pm – 2:45 pm: After Lunch Session
- It’s Time to Get on the Video Train with Lenny Ferreira of Chez Us
- How to become THAT blog: the one that makes the leap to PRO: Emma Chapman of A Beautiful Mess
- Afternoon Expert Panel on Real Talk About Working with Brands. Panel members include: Cara Ansis of Fork and Beans, Mairead Dunphy of Stonyfield, Hana Bieliauskas, and Lauren Grier of Climbing Greer Mountain
2:45 – 3:15 pm: Afternoon break. It’s an Build You Nuts & Popcorn Bowl, supplied by Nuts.com!
3:15 pm – 5:30 pm: Afternoon Session
- Real Blogging Behind-The-Scenes: Navigating the Unpredictable Ups-and-downs of Business, Dealing with Comparison, Avoiding Burn-out, and Loving Your Blog!: Ali Ebright of Gimme Some Oven
- Self Reflection for Bloggers — looking in your heart to find inspiration on a daily basis: Cara Ansis of Fork and Beans
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm: ChoppedCon invites you to the After Conference Happy Hour. Come prepared to celebrate success!
There’s a limited number of tickets, so buy your tickets to ChoppedCon today!
Disclaimer: ChoppedCon is designed as an event to meet the needs of a variety of food bloggers with a passion for food. Sponsorship and Content of ChoppedCon in no way represents the personal views of the event host or the event Steering Committee.